T200 irons review

An average of grams of the high-density material is placed in the heel and toe of the 4- through 7-iron to reduce ball-speed loss on mis-hits. The tungsten also lowers the center of gravity for a higher launch with less spin, t200 irons review.

Why you can trust Golf Monthly Our expert reviewers spend hours testing and comparing products and services so you can choose the best for you. Find out more about how we test. The new T represents the biggest makeover of any iron within the updated Titleist T-Series not only because of how the iron looks but also how it has been constructed. It has been made smaller overall to give a sleeker look - specifically, the blade length has been shortened and the offset reduced to match the new T From the back, the cavity has been enclosed by a polymer cap that has a metallic appearance to match the rest of the head, making it look like a hollow head. Titleist claims to have made a conscious effort to improve the sound and feel of this iron versus the prior model - but while it remains lively from a wide area, we didn't feel like there was any improvement here and actually maintained a clicky sound similar to if you were to tap the back of the iron with your fingernail. In terms of what the data from the Full Swing Golf simulator was telling us, it was refreshing to see the spin not drop too much versus the T and Ts - only by rpm - and the flight overall was a little higher as to maintain stopping power.

T200 irons review

The Titleist T irons are some of the most beautiful in the players distance category. Lots of speed and a good amount of forgiveness. Very easy to blend with other T-Series irons in a combo set. Few sets fulfill both sides of this new category as well as the Titleist T irons. These irons have undeniable players look coupled with excellent ball speed and forgiveness. This newest version has an extremely clean cavity. Needless to say, I prefer this rendition, in part because it blends so seamlessly with the other T-Series irons. At address, the T irons look really good. Its blade length hits a middle ground that should please a majority of golfers. My only reservation about the look of the Titleist T irons is the chrome finish.

All Rights Reserved. There's an iron within the family for pretty much every golfer on the planet.

The main story that Titleist are focussing on across the new T-Series range is a '3D approach' consisting of distance, dispersion and descent angle. Titleist have set out to achieve the optimum in these three categories by adding the following technologies:. The weight distribution allows for high performance in terms of speed and height, whilst retaining accuracy and forgiveness across the set. The T sees a stiffer structure through a re-engineered chassis, allowing the redefined Max Impact Technology to fit tighter against the face. The larger clubhead compared to the T and T promotes confidence, while an identical blade length and offset measurements allow for a smooth transition for players using the T as part of a blended set.

In a Titleist T irons review, you expect to learn about how these irons perform and who they work best for. Since launching the original T irons in , Titleist has wanted to achieve a decent blend of aesthetics and performance. And it looks like Titleist has achieved that goal with the current iteration of the T Not only are these irons more compact, but they also deliver great distance and feel. With that said, are they worth the purchase? If yes, what handicap are these irons best suited for? Read on to find out everything you need to know about these marvels of golf engineering. What first impression do these irons make? The result is an iron with sleeker, shorter length, and a thin topline. In addition, the offset of these irons is just as minimal as what you get with the preceding T and TS, which helps make set blending seamless.

T200 irons review

The Titleist T irons look more like players irons while performing more like distance or GI irons. Excellent consistency. Wonderful in combo set application. In the family of Titleist irons, the T is undoubtedly going to be the headliner. However, the iron that more recreational players need to check out is the T With more forgiveness and substantially more distance in a similarly appealing package, this iron gives you the best of both worlds. In the bag, the only hint that these irons have forgiveness is the moderate sole width. At address, the T irons look notably better than their predecessor. The Titleist T irons have a forged face as part of a multi-material body. Impact with the T feels solid, though not quite as soft as the T

Sunsetter flagpole

Its blade length hits a middle ground that should please a majority of golfers. First, the look of the iron: The impact screw in back needed to go, and it did. This has been vastly reduced in the new iteration via the use of epoxy to attach it more securely. Our test data shows the T almost to a tee follows our test averages, which to many might not scream top performer. Thanks for the review! Each new T-Series iron — from T all the way to T — feels outstanding, and all of them perform better across the board. Performance The headline here is that Titleist has made the T look better and feel better while maintaining a very impressive amount of forgiveness and distance. By Joel Tadman. Get plugged in…. What happens when you drop a golf-crazed Hollywood actor and a retired NFL player into the most grueling gig in golf? I agree matte finish would have perfected the line. Some OEMs are content to have you compare a couple 6 irons and order a set based on that alone. Viewed on its own, the T looks great. The P is in the same range.

Golfstead is reader-supported.

Get plugged in…. Matt Saternus. Hi Matt, Your reviews are excellent! The only reason I ended up going with the T over the T was because I preferred its sound and looks and got slightly more distance and speed with it. He founded Plugged In Golf in with the goal of helping all golfers play better and enjoy the game more. Mizuno Mizuno Pro It has been made smaller overall to give a sleeker look - specifically, the blade length has been shortened and the offset reduced to match the new T Nice review Matt, with regarding to the T utility build. The hollow design supports the very thin face with an internal polymer core behind the center of the face. The finish is also noticeably lighter. Latest posts by Matt Saternus see all. Do they have the same build as the lower irons, and are you planning on an independent review of these. Came down to the ZX-5 or the Ts. Though other irons offered more distance and forgiveness, I explained my priorities to my fitter, and we went with the T from 7I to PW.

1 thoughts on “T200 irons review

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *